Re: [Tracker] Feedback for 0.5.0
- From: "Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen" <mikkel kamstrup gmail com>
- To: "Jamie McCracken" <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk>
- Cc: Erlend Davidson <E R M Davidson sms ed ac uk>, tracker-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] Feedback for 0.5.0
- Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:02:56 +0200
2006/10/20, Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk
Erlend Davidson wrote:
>>> What does tracker-search-tool actually require in terms of
>>> dependencies? Would gnome-desktop do?
>> gnome-desktop gnome-vfs and gconf including dev packages
> Is it possible to make any of the gnome-stuff optional, or is it better
> that other desktop-environments just write their own GUI's that use
> tracker's API (or command-line interface)?
the gnome stuff is optional - it wont build it if you dont have the
It could be cool to have a small qt4 demo app in the tree too. Perhaps I should look a bit into that (as if I had any time - bleh!). Anyways, could be cool - if I am correctly informed the qt dbus bindings should be relatively stable no?
] [Thread Prev