Re: How to receive latest N message headers using IMAP

Hi,

I asked a similar question for a console-level application
I am developing that uses the tinymail library - and I was
informed that this functionality does not exist at this time.

I wanted either the latest N emails from the IMAP server,
or all the emails since a certain date (to reduce the total
amount of messages that are read from the server) - but
someone - like you - or me - or anyone that volunteers -
will have to add this capability.

I looked at the code and don't think it would be too difficult
to add the necessary APIs to implement this feature, but
I have since been directed to look at other issues we are
facing that have a higher priority right now, so I'm not
actively looking at trying to implement anything in the
near future.

However, if you (or one of the regular developers of the
tinymail library) have the time and energy to add this
kind of capability, I know I would love to see it - and
would certainly take advantage of using it.

- Steve

harshavardhan Reddy wrote:
Hi All,

Is there any way to only receive latest N mails from server using IMAP?

My idea is instead of receiving all the headers and updating in summary.mmap , I want to receive only latest N message headers. As you see the Gmail in Mobile platform, they will get only N messages initially and while the user scrolls down it fetches another N mails.

I want to implement similar functionality.

Some idea or concept will be a great help.

I am thinking UID FETCH is there but am not sure to receive N messages...

Thank in advance.

Regards,
Hvr