Re: Review request: IMAP4 email account automatic sync interval update not working

Alexander Chumakov escribiu:
> 3) Fix information:
> For kolumbus.fi IMAP service provider, the scheduled (and sometimes
> manual) synchronizations fails.
> The problem was that during synchronization tinymail receives
> "Connection Reset by Peer" error on its first IMAP request (LIST "" *).
> Once received the error condition, the IMAP tinymail plugin resets the
> connection (disconnects/connects again) but does not try to issue the
> IMAP request after that.
> I added resending the request as soon as the connection is reset. For me
> this worked all the time and after reconnection the IMAP command always
> worked for me, synchronization succeeded.

Seems a very ad-hoc fix for that server, and I wouldn't like to include
it unless we have strong reasons to think that something is wrong in
tinymail. Have you checked why the server resets the connection? Is it
anything wrong with the request?

Note that Camel upstream code does not do anything special either.

Br