Re: PATCH: remove messages from POP cache when deleted

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 13:46 +0100, Sergio Villar Senin wrote:

> this is one of the long awaited patches :). With this patch messages
> (from a POP account) are removed from disk cache always. The original
> code was a bit confusing due two things
>    * it never deleted the cached messages because it was trying to
> delete an inexistent file

Fair enough

>    * in case it ever worked, messages were only deleted from cache if
> the message was expunged, something that makes no sense. Messages must
> be always removed from cache even though they're not removed from server.

Not necessarily. Deleted means that it's flagged for deletion. Expunged
means that it's wiped, gone forever. Including from the server.

I don't think that marking a message as flagged-deleted in IMAP today
removes the cache of that message, either.

So why would this behaviour be different for a POP account?