Re: Some queries for Tinymail

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 10:35 +0530, Govinda Mahajan wrote:

> I am having some queries pertaining to Tinymail, if possible can you
> please provide some clues for this,
>
> 1. How to get the error callback when Authentication fails for Email?

The alert function that you need to implement in your account store,
will contain the error in one of the parameters.

> 2. Where I will get a callback from Tinymail when a message sending
> process fails

There are signals for that in the TnySendQueue, if you send directly
using a TnyTransportAccount then the send function has an error instance
as last parameter.

> 3. Need a mechanism to fetch emails from server, starting from latest
> email. How my app will ask Tinymail to download the latest email
> header, or some particular header from received list.

This is atm not possible, Rob Taylor indicated that he's interesting in
experimenting with IMAP a little bit for this.

The same can be made to work with POP, btw. But neither on IMAP (in case
you lack the right capabilities) nor on POP can you be sure if you can
even sort this retrieval at all.

So it'll be a best-effort

> 4. While downloading message from POP, how to inform the Server to
> delete the message from list, or delete message after 7/15/.. days.

There's an API for this in Camel and I think it's forwarded in
TnyCamelPOPStoreAccount or TnyCamelPOPFolder too.