Re: [openchange][devel] Porting OpenChange Exchange provider to Tinymail

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 18:17 +0100, Julien Kerihuel wrote:

> Now we've released libmapi-0.6 HOLODECK, I can finally get back to you
> -- as promised -- and continue this discussion.

Hey Julien,

> 1. Gnome Evolution and openchange:
>         You may have already noticed the EXCHANGE-MAPI-BRANCH on
>         Evolution repository:
>         http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/evolution/branches/EXCHANGE_MAPI_BRANCH/
>         I was wondering if you had been in touch with the developers
>         working on this branch and if bridging the gap would make sense?

I'm aware of the branch but we (the Evolution team working on this and
me) have not yet discussed how we can close the gap for Tinymail's
camel-lite and this branch in Evolution's Camel pieces.

However. The changes that are required are small and I can probably copy
the exchange Camel provider over to camel-lite and maintain this work.

I'm waiting for them to stabilise a little bit.

Me and Matthew Barnes have also started migrating certain features from
Camel-lite into upstream Camel, closing the gap further too. Although
this effort will most likely not touch the parts that right now make the
changes required (mostly the CamelFolderSummary pieces, as the summary
is mmap()ed in stead of read() piece by piece in Camel-lite).

I understood the CamelFolderSummary changes (the mmap work) ain't going
to end up being used in Evolution.

(adding Matthew in CC).

> 2. Samba4, OpenChange and ARM:
>         I remember a presentation Alexander Bokovoy gave at SambaXP
>         about embedding Samba4 and just have found his PDF presentation
>         again:
>         http://sambaxp.org/uploads/media/10_-_alexander_bokovoy_-_samba_team_-_embedding_samba4.pdf
>         Have you been in touch with ab and do you have more information
>         about the current state of development of his researches?

I have not been in touch with Alexander, no. This is the first time I
hear about Samba4 on mobile & embedded devices.

Any information on this is definitely interesting for all of the people
involved with mobile & embedded (like the group representing GMAE, or
GNOME mobile and embedded).

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog