Re: tny_camel_account_add_option(): Possible options

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 18:44 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> How can I discover what options are possible with
> tny_camel_account_add_option()? The documentation only mentions
> * use_ssl=never
> * use_ssl=always
> * use_ssl=when-possible (means use TLS, which seems odd)

I agree, when-possible is a strange value for what it does. This is
Camel though (I didn't want to go ahead and change all that into saner
values, maybe we should .. though).

> Are these options specific to camel only? Are they documented anywhere
> in camel? Or are they part of some standard?

Yes, they are specific for Camel.

> For instance, how would I specify authentication methods such as
> password and CramMD5?

That's documented i Camel's documentation. Although I'd be okay with
getting it documented in libtinymail-camel's gtk-doc API ref. manual.

> Are there plans to make generic TnyAccount API for these rather than
> leaving this to the specific TnyCamelAccount API?

No, not really. Because this is indeed truly specific for Camel and I
don't yet want to burden the implementer of a future such library to
have to deal with this crazyness

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog