Building in maemo: m4 macros not found

I'm having some trouble building tinymail from svn in a Maemo Bora
scratchbox environment. I wonder if anybody can see what's wrong. I have
all the usual autoconf,automake,libtool stuff installed, and I installed
gnome-common from apt-get for this. Is it necessary to set ACLOCAL_FLAGS
to something?

[sbox-SDK_X86: ~/svn/tinymail/tinymail/trunk] > ./autogen.sh
--prefix=/usr
/usr/bin/gnome-autogen.sh
checking for autoconf >= 2.53...
  testing autoconf2.50... found 2.59
checking for automake >= 1.7...
  testing automake-1.7... found 1.7.9
checking for libtool >= 1.5...
  testing libtoolize... found 1.5.20
checking for glib-gettext >= 2.2.0...
  testing glib-gettextize... found 2.8.6
checking for pkg-config >= 0.14.0...
  testing pkg-config... found 0.15.0
checking for gtk-doc >= 1.0...
  testing gtkdocize... found 1.4
Checking for required M4 macros...
  libtool.m4 not found
  pkg.m4 not found
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
***Error***: some autoconf macros required to build tinymail
  were not found in your aclocal path, or some forbidden
  macros were found.  Perhaps you need to adjust your
  ACLOCAL_FLAGS?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com