Re: Some fixes

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 12:48 +0100, Sergio Villar Senin wrote:

> Mmm, so the code should be slightly different, because currently
> tinymail always creates a new TnyCamelFolder. So, IMO it should be
> something like this

Indeed.

> The removed_folder stuff works because the tree model checks all the
> nodes no matter the FolderStore used to create the FolderStoreChange but
> I think it would be better to create another Change object and notify
> the removal with another call.

Yes, I too prefer to create new delta objects compared to putting
multiple deltas together. Although the framework must always be prepared
for dealing with multiple deltas in one change instance! :)

It's a contract of the 'change' type with the observable types, and you
will only receive it once.

New objects aren't very expensive unless created more than 20,000 times
(like the header type). Change notifications aren't created that many
times (unless for IDLE events upon huge message moves, in which case the
delta is already putting multiple events together, at the level of the
IDLE code in Camel's IMAP code, and even at the level of the IMAP server
too -- it skips some EXISTS to reduce bandwidth --).