Re: Introduction of the TnyLockable

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 09:52 +0100, Sergio Villar Senin wrote:
> Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > The new type TnyLockable is used by the TnySessionCamel type to lock and
> > unlock your ui toolkit.
> >
> > There's an implementation called TnyGtkLockable that utilises
> > gdk_threads_enter and gdk_threads_leave for implementing the lock and
> > unlock methods.
>
> Seems that the idea is good but it's not enough, I'm still getting X
> async errors and application freezes. We should investigate a little bit
> more.

Yes, in another thread it's still not working :(

You still need to "connect" in the mainloop thread.

The fixes haven't yet fixed async connecting, they did however fix what
normal connecting did wrong (that was also wrong in some cases, indeed).

I haven't yet decided nor figured out how I can fix async connecting.

It's ongoing, but indeed .. feel free to assist me.

http://tinymail.org/trac/tinymail/wiki/ConnectingAsync

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog