Re: Packaging scripts for multiple distributions - possible solutions

I haven't yet tried to build using newer scratchbox environment (for
example ones for the N800).

I'm going to let Dirk-Jan answer this one, as my personal focus a.t.m.
is on IMAP code and the folder-observer stuff.

I'm starting to notice that I need to focus myself on certain things,
and work serially, else code quality goes down drastically.

For this commit of yours I don't mind as packages are not yet in a
stable state anyway, and because it's mostly your work (so I assume that
you know better than me what you are doing, hehe).

But once they are stable, unless you take full maintainership and
responsibility of packaging-related work, it would be useful to get a
little notification before something gets committed :-)

Dirk-Jan: we also need to get the maemo-device for the 770 back up and
running somehow. Once we start taking things more serious, stuff like
that would bite us much harder than how it did this time (only one
complaint from a 770 user, but I agree with this person that the
Maemo-for-770's support shouldn't have been broken).

So or we move libtinymail-maemo to libtinymail-n800 and create a
libtinymail-770, (and I would do that sooner or later to solve the bug),
or a better solution must be put in place. Note that this will have
implications for �stein's packaging work too.

Tinymail wont be a N800-only framework on Maemo. It will support the 770
too.

I'm not very worried. Just mentioning that I will not compromise on
platform flexibility because quote that is more easy unquote.

Easy has nothing to do with tinymail's development. It has everything to
do with how I want application developers to experience tinymail though.