Re: Last version of the new summary storage engine

On Mon Dec 10 20:15:51 2007, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

Reference counting fixes. Prepared an API (it has a summary.h now).

Some comments and questions...

1) Why is UID a char *? guint32_t would seem better. uint32_t would seem more portable still.

2) size should also be a uint32_t, since otherwise on 64-bit platforms you'll have a 64-bit size, there, which isn't needed.

3) What am I meant to call when I get an EXPUNGE or VANISHED?

4) I think I need an API which freezes the summary - when I know I'll be doing multiple changes - so it won't write it to disk until I tell it. So, for example, I'd freeze the summary, issue the EXPUNGE command, process the FETCH and VANISHED I get back, then thaw it, letting it write to disk, when I see the tagged response. Meanwhile, of course, the summary needs to be accurate in as much as if, partway through the expunge, I ask for a message, the sequence number etc will still be accurate.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave cridland net - xmpp:dwd jabber org
 - http://dave.cridland.net/