Re: No panic, I just merged some stuff

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 22:23 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> And it's --enable-imap-part-fetch now to enable it ... (I know Dave
> wants to try this stuff, so I added him in CC :p).
>
> This works with modest too (just tested it), although Modest wont do
> status reporting when retrieving the individual parts (the UI will hang
> until fully received each time it needs to fetch a part).
>
> This can easily be fixed, of course (just use tny_mime_part_decode_
> to_stream_async in stead of the non-async one, and pass your
> status-callback and user_data for it in the parameters of that
> function).
>
> However, I don't think this feature will be shipped with Modest's first.

Note before the panic starts: this is a test on a device with the new
feature, that is per default "disabled", "enabled". This is NOT the
default (the defaults don't do any harm whatsoever).

Regretfully will Modest decode each and every part for some reason (no
matter what). So this means it fetches all parts once you open the mail
in the mail viewer anyway ;-)

Of course this ain't necessary, and sounds highly inefficient too, so
for now to use this feature is a bit pointless with Modest.

I also noticed that tapping on images doesn't make any action happen nor
is in the menu "Attachment" anything undimmed. I guess it's checking for
something before doing the action (streaming the content to a location
and then opening that location in the image viewer of the device, for
example).