A tree version of the header list model

At this moment we indeed have the TnyGtkHeaderListModel as a flat list.

I will, however, soon re-add the references header to all TnyHeader
instances. This will increase memory footprint with one pointer to an
mmap string.

That string will contain all the references of the E-mail. It's usually
used for building up discussion trees (there's a well known algorithm
for this published by one of Netscape's mailer component developers,
called jwz's message threading algorithm).

I'm interested in simple versions of this: not building up a 100%
correct tree, but only grouping the messages together that belong to one
discussion (you can know this based on both an estimation on subject and
on the references header).

The only thing after that references string or pointer is of course a
GtkTreeModel implementations that isn't a flat list, like the current
TnyGtkHeaderListModel, but a tree (maybe of only two levels: discus-
sion's subject and under that level the discussion items themselves).

I guess most people already understand that I'm quite occupied with all
the things that I want to do, so I'm hoping to get some aid or help with
this. Yes, indeed, I will someday implement this myself anyway. So you
can also wait for it to happen. If somebody really wants this right now,
it's a great way to join the #tinymail channel and just start implemen-
ting it ... to get me to join your effort.

If you base this on TnyGtkHeaderListModel, it ain't going to be very
hard to get it to perform as good as that one.

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog