RE: Retrieving priority information from messages

Hi all,

> 	Yes, and update it properly. And even update it
>properly in a way
>> that it works with as much MTA's as possible (unfortunately it seems
>> there's no clear standard for this) :(.
>>
>> > This should also explain why it's not implemented for this type
>> > (it's a lot work to get it right, and it's going to depend per
>> > transport account type. Although getting it right for SMTP sounds
>> > like an excellent idea indeed).
>>
>> 	Yeah, a fast google query about how priority is handled
>in different
>> smtp servers shows that there are different ways to
>implement this :S.
>

>Just set the X-Priority header in the top level MIME part and don't
>(yet) care to much about those SMTP servers.

And, I would guess, the X-MS-Priority as well; unfortunately,
these two priorities with overlapping if not identical semantics
are both in use. It's not clear which one should be used if
a message had both, but differed in priority...

reading:
	if exists (X-Priority)
		prio = val (X-Priority)
	else if exists (X-MS-Priority)
		prio = val (X-MS-Priority)
	else
		prio = PRIO_NORMAL

writing:
	set_val (X-Priority, prio);
	set val (X-MS-Priority, prio);

Of course, the "val/set_val" function is a bit different
for both priorities, but hey, it's pseudocode.

Would Tinymail not be the place where to put the above logic?
Every tinymail-using client would probably do something like
this.

Best wishes,
Dirk.