Re: Retrieving priority information from messages

El vie, 30-03-2007 a las 12:23 +0200, Philip Van Hoof escribió:
> Flags aren't yet supported by that type. You are invited to implement
> support for flags in that type.
>
> Note that a problem is that this type is meant for sending through an
> SMTP or other transport account.
>
> You will often have to translate the flags, like the priority, to
> headers.

	OK, seems a tough work to make the priority flags work for sending
mails using that information properly. Anyway, a default implementation
simply maintaining flags information inside shouldn't be that difficult.

	I mean, for now, and only for showing priority information of incoming
messages, maintaining priority information should be enough. And then,
in specific implementations for transports, it would be used (or not).

	Would it be ok to do this?

> For example when that priority is set using the flags, you should rather
> have to add a header than just setting the flag. To get that flag you
> should read whether there is such a header (X-Priority).

	Yes, and update it properly. And even update it properly in a way that
it works with as much MTA's as possible (unfortunately it seems there's
no clear standard for this) :(.

> This should also explain why it's not implemented for this type (it's a
> lot work to get it right, and it's going to depend per transport account
> type. Although getting it right for SMTP sounds like an excellent idea
> indeed).

	Yeah, a fast google query about how priority is handled in different
smtp servers shows that there are different ways to implement this :S.

	Br,