RE: libtinymail-camel dependecies

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 21:18 +0800, Nitin Mahajan nokia com wrote:

> Seeing the sources of camel-lite I feel that for SSL support it has an
> option of linking to Mozilla's NSS library or the OpenSSL library. By

At this moment only mozilla-nss, firefox-nss or xulrunner-nss.

> default when I am building it on Linux it takes Mozilla's libraries and
> does not look for OpenSSL library. If this understanding of mine is
> correct the I have the following questions,
>
> 1. Whether camel's SSL functionality is complete if we make the OpenSSL
> library available to it instead of Mozilla's NSS.
>
> 2. Whether replacing  #define HAVE_SSL 1 with  #define HAVE_OPENSSL 1
> will make the OpenSSL library available to it instead of Mozilla's NSS.

I have to check whether HAVE_OPENSSL works and is correctly done.

At this moment, I'm only certain that tinymail's Camel supports using
the Mozilla's NSS library. This is something that I have checked and
tested.

Tinymail's Camel can probably be adapted (and should) so that both would
be for sure supported. But it's in any case something that I haven't
checked myself yet.

work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be
blog: http://pvanhoof.be/blog