Re: tinymail

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 15:45 +0200, Daniel van Eeden wrote:

Hey Daniel,

> I'd like to give tinymail a try. Are there any binaries available for the
> nokia 770 (2006) or do I really need to build from source.

I'm very sorry Daniel, but you do indeed need to build from source.

Check the documentation on the trac wiki page and in the source tree for
information on building it using the Maemo development environment.

Also note that tinymail isn't really a E-mail client but a framework for
building one.

An E-mail client being being on top of tinymail, for the Nokia 770, is
called Modest. Modest, however, isn't yet released.

I've put one of the Modest developers in CC of this E-mail. The tinymail
development mailing list has also been put in CC. Feel free to join that
list and ask your question there.

You could for example describe your building adventures on that mailing
list. Or post them on the trac wiki of tinymail ( there are already my
own build adventures, but I'm sure that the adventures of somebody else
are going to be useful for other such "somebody-else individuals" :-) )

Thanks for your interest in tinymail. I hope that interest will soon be
translated into development, documentation or testing contributions.

work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be
blog: http://pvanhoof.be/blog