RE: Mime part viewers, support for PGP, ICS files and others

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 12:06 +0300, Dirk-Jan Binnema nokia com wrote:

> I like the idea - it just seems the right thing to do. There are
> some "real world imperfections" that should be addressed in the
> design though:

I'd like to add one more:

4) It's not easy anymore to implement a MimePartView that can display
more-than-one mime-part. Like what the current GtkIconListView does
because I created a model that takes MimePart instances.

I can of course make a MimePartsView (note the extra s) that takes zero
or more MimePartView's that are specifically implemented to function as
a child of a MimePartsView. Note that the implementation of such a
MimePartsView would use, for example in Gtk+, a combination of a
GtkIconListView and a GtkTreeModel. But that would become an
implementation detail for the gtk version of libtinymailui.

For example a TnyGtkFileAttachmentMimePartsView implements
TnyMimePartsView contains zero or more TnyGtkFileAttachmentMimePartViews
which implements TnyMimePartView.

Thoughts? Ideas? Where are my designers? ;-) Bjorn? Bart?

Anyway, My idea was to show the multiple TnyMimePartView implementations
in the gtk implementation of TnyMsgView in a GtkVBox container. A lot
like what Evolution does