Re: [evolution-patches] e_iconv_* replaced with g_iconv_*

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 11:25 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

Hey Jeffrey,

> GIconv is not good enough for Evolution - we tried this before and it
> didn't work and caused all sorts of charset conversion problems.

Strange, because both GIConv and e_iconv are both wrapping the same
iconv API it seems. Is there a mailing lists discussion or backlog about
these issues available?

I was thinking about leaving the e_iconv_open and e_iconv_close APIs in
tact so that the caching could still be in place, but let them return
GIConv instances (in stead of iconv_t ones).

work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be
blog: http://pvanhoof.be/blog