Re: [system-tools] Debuging g-s-t

Hi Ken,

If you look in /var/cache/setup-tools-backends/ you should see lots of files
that should help.

Specifically look at the debug/<tool>/1/debug file contents - each time you
execute the *-admin script the backend is run with the --report and --debug
options (hint, you can also do this if you run the backend script from the
command-line yourself). The dir named "1" is rotated, so becomes 2 the next time
you run *-admin, and so on.

Also in this debug directory is a file called in.xml - this is the xml that was
sent to the backend script from the UI - with some minor edits, this file can be
used as input to the *-conf scripts so that you can test things in isolation
from the UI. e.g (in the setup-tools-backends build dir, as root)

	./users-conf.in --report --debug --set < edited_in.xml

You can quite often get enough information without the --debug option.
The running of the .in file is a special case, since all other backend "modules"
(e.g. file.pl.in) will be loaded from the current directory... Useful for
debug/test cycles without having to install.

HTH,

Darren.