Re: [system-tools] removing the "more/fewer options" button

Hi!

El mié, 07-07-2004 a las 13:01, Carlos Garnacho escribió:
> Hi all :),
>
> I think it's time for a small poll :)
>
> I was working on adding help docs to the tools, but even removing the
> "apply" button, the ammount of buttons at the bottom of the dialog is
> too great (see [1]). So I was thinking about removing the "more/fewer
> options" button (see [2]), my points are:
>
> - with good enough documentation noone should need to hide options
> (although almost noone reads help docs :)
> - advanced and basic dialogs don't differ too much currently, so I'm not
> sure if they really help or if people turns on the advanced mode as soon
> as they run the tools (as I do)...

I usually don't use the advanced mode, and people I have seen don't do
it also. I think that the point is to think how many times you use the
advanced configuration and if it is less that 10%, it is good to have
all this options hided.

Cheers