Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] GNOME System Tools 0.21.0

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 06:53:41PM +0200, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> Hi PeterKorman,
>
> El mié, 11-09-2002 a las 15:39, PeterKorman escribió:
> > runlevel.jpg looks very similar to the Suse
> > runlevel editor for yast2. Is it the same
> > underlying mechinism, or a distribution
> > independent front end, or maybe a common
> > front end with distribution dependent shim
> > layers?
>
> the front-end is common for all distros, the back-end is who recognizes
> the distribution and deals with the system in order to extract the
> configuration. Yast2 runlevel editor must be a pretty tool, but it only
> works with SuSE, and, as far as I know, it's for KDE.

Hi Carlos,

Please pardon my rude arrival in the thread;-)

I had not checked to see what wm/gui base yast2 used. Looks like it
might just use whatever python uses. I got tired of KDE clipboard
peculiarities. I'm now gnomified.

>rpm -q --requires yast2-base
yast2-core-wfm
yast2-core-scr
yast2-core-clients
YaST2-UI
ld-linux.so.2
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
libcrypt.so.1
libdl.so.2
libm.so.6
libpthread.so.0
libpy2plugin.so.2
libpy2program.so.2
libpy2scr.so.2
libpy2script.so.2
libpy2stdio.so.2
libpy2wfm.so.2
libscr.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
libutil.so.1
liby2.so.2
libycp.so.2
libyui.so.2
libz.so.1
rpmlib(PayloadIsBzip2) <= 3.0.5-1

>rpm -q --requires yast2-config-runlevel
yast2
yast2-trans-runlevel
yast2-lib-wizard
yast2-lib-sequencer
/bin/bash
rpmlib(PayloadIsBzip2) <= 3.0.5-1

Cheers,

[JPK]

+My puthon boot was too tight. Couldn't get it off last night.+
+   -Frank Zappa                                              +
GnuPG: ECBA EA08 C3C1 251E 5FB5  D196 F8C8 F8B7 AB60 234D

PGP signature