Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] GNOME System Tools 0.21.0

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 11:14:56PM +0200, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> The GNOME System Tools version 0.21.0 have been released.
>

> The GNOME System Tools are a set of cross-platform configuration
> utilities for Linux and other Unix systems. Internally they are divided
> in frontends and backends. The frontend knows nothing about the
> underlying system and provides the same user interface across the
> different types of systems. The backend knows how to read and write the
> configuration information. The GNOME System Tools do not impose a new
> database on the system: they work with the default configuration files
> so that configuration can still be done by hand or by other tools.
>

> Screenshots
> ===========
> You can view screenshots of the most recent tools at
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/gst/screenshots.html

runlevel.jpg looks very similar to the Suse
runlevel editor for yast2. Is it the same
underlying mechinism, or a distribution
independent front end, or maybe a common
front end with distribution dependent shim
layers?

My RedHat install is different from my Suse.
Suse does not use chkconfig. But you already
know that.

--
GnuPG: ECBA EA08 C3C1 251E 5FB5  D196 F8C8 F8B7 AB60 234D

PGP signature