Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] GNOME System Tools 0.21.0

Hi PeterKorman,

El mié, 11-09-2002 a las 15:39, PeterKorman escribió:
> runlevel.jpg looks very similar to the Suse
> runlevel editor for yast2. Is it the same
> underlying mechinism, or a distribution
> independent front end, or maybe a common
> front end with distribution dependent shim
> layers?

the front-end is common for all distros, the back-end is who recognizes
the distribution and deals with the system in order to extract the
configuration. Yast2 runlevel editor must be a pretty tool, but it only
works with SuSE, and, as far as I know, it's for KDE.

> My RedHat install is different from my Suse.
> Suse does not use chkconfig. But you already
> know that.

runlevel-admin does not use chkconfig for getting the priorities, there
are several distributions that doesn't use chkconfig. Our objective is
to make the tools distro-independent.

		Greetings,
			Carlos

Esta parte del mensaje esta firmada digitalmente