Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Gnome System Tools + PGI + Progenyhackers + more developers from Debian = working Debian Desktop

Op donderdag 7 november 2002 01:26, schreef Tollef Fog Heen:
> Having the backends language-agnostic would be a good thing.  Many
> people dislike perl and like python instead.  Some people want to
> write stuff in C or Prolog or something, and unless there's a good
> reason to restrict backends to one language, I don't think we should.

The perl backends check e.g. on what system (solaris, linux distro, version,
etc) they are running, there are of course functions to parse and the
incoming xml and to compose the outcoming output stream.  If these functions
can be bind (for consistency) to other languages you have your language
problem solved.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless