Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Testing distributions?

Nils Barth wrote:
> alright -- I was thinking more about testers (``Yes, I know it's
> unsupported -- I'm porting it!'').
> However, if someone's compiling XST, they can certainly change
> /etc/redhat-release or whatever (^,^)

I would recommend agains that, i think it is easier if you change
the backends. For example in the network tool you would add lines like :

  my %dist_map =
	 (
	  "redhat-6.0"   => "redhat-6.2",
	  "redhat-6.1"   => "redhat-6.2",
	  "redhat-6.2"   => "redhat-6.2",
	  "redhat-7.0"   => "redhat-6.2",
+	  "redhat-7.0"   => "redhat-6.2",

And :

@platforms = ("debian-2.2",
              "redhat-5.2",
              "redhat-6.0",
              "redhat-6.1",
              "redhat-6.2",
              "redhat-7.0",
+             "redhat-7.1"

so that it is suported. If you are using cvs then you can also make
a patch to send upstream when the testing is done.

Chema