Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Testing distributions?

Thus spake Chema Celorio:
> Nils Barth wrote:
> > When testing XST on Redhat 7.1, it's pretty annoying to have to select
> > Redhat 7.0 every time I start up any application.
> > Instead, one should be able to list Redhat 7.1 as a `testing'
> > distribution, and have it use Redhat 7.0 settings, though on startup
> > it should prolly popup a dialog saying:
> > `WARNING! Not supported, don't use in production, testing only, etc.'
>
> Nils, we need to be very carefull when using XST with code that was
> not tested/coded for the distro the user is using, we might mess
> the users box pretty badly. I don't think this is something that we want
> to do, having to click and hit Ok is better than just a warning message
> that nobody reads.

alright -- I was thinking more about testers (``Yes, I know it's
unsupported -- I'm porting it!'').
However, if someone's compiling XST, they can certainly change
/etc/redhat-release or whatever (^,^)

--
  -nils
Public key: http://www.nbarth.net/~nbarth/pub-key.txt