Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] missing information in xst-0.5.1

Hans Petter wrote:
> > I used the *conf backends that are part of the xst-0.5.1 release.
> > Due to this I've a question about 2 missing information pieces (to my
> > opinion).  In the --get output of disk-conf I was hoping to see
information
> > about the file space at the concerned files system.
[snip]
> > 2nd Question/wish: Is it planned to write a backend to show the
installed
> > (rpm/deb/sun/...) packages?
>
> Not to my knowledge, no

This functionality is already well covered by the red-carpet software,
which
allows you to view, upgrade, remove and install rpm and deb packages. It
would
seem to be better to expand red-carpet to other packaging systems as
necessary (AIX
installp, Sun, etc.) rather than duplicate this functionality in the XST
tools.

Cheers,
Toby Haynes

Toby Haynes