Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] missing information in xst-0.5.1

Hans,

On Sunday 27 May 2001 00:23, you wrote:
> > I used the *conf backends that are part of the xst-0.5.1 release.
> > Due to this I've a question about 2 missing information pieces (to my
> > opinion).  In the --get output of disk-conf I was hoping to see
> > information about the file space at the concerned files system.
> >
> > So I have e.g;
> >     <partition>
> >       <device>/dev/hda5</device>
> >       <type>ext2</type>
> >       <point>/</point>
> >       <bootable state='false'/>
> >       <integritycheck state='true'/>
> >       <mounted state='true'/>
> >       <listed state='true'/>
> >       <detected state='false'/>
> >     </partition>
> >
> > In this list I would expect the file system total space and the amount of
> > free (or used) space at this file system.  Is this wish on a todo list,
> > or has it been discarded.
>
> Does it look better if you run it as root?

Oh yes!  Now it includes size as well.  However, disk-conf reports another
size figure than df does:

part         xst             df (1k blocks)   df (kbytes)  delta
sda8      313236            303251          310529      2707
sda12   1148616          1148568         1176133    27565

Where does the delta comes from, which source should I trust now?

What I'm still missing is the available space figure.  This is maybe not
interesting for configuration, but for maintenance it is.  When running
disk-conf from a cron say weekly and by providing the output to the SA,
he/she will be able to quickly determine the filesystem health (concerning
space).

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no (/)home the journey is endless