Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] missing information in xst-0.5.1

Chema,

On Sunday 27 May 2001 01:57, you wrote:
>> 2nd Question/wish: Is it planned to write a backend to show the installed
>> (rpm/deb/sun/...) packages?
>
> No, we don't plan to have such a backend. At least not now.

Humm, may I ask you to plan it?  It's for the same reason why I ask for the
available space figure.  It's is maybe not interesting for configuration, but
for maintenance it is.  When running  package-conf from a cron say weekly and
by providing the output to the SA, (s)he will be able to see what packages
are available in case a problem is reported (to the companies internal
helpdesk e.g.)   Or when a new system needs to be delivered to an employee,
the IT department can easily see if there are any non (company) standard have
been installed.  If yes, they can take care that the new system comes with
the special application(s).

It will be used and appreciated, if it is in the xst package (a --get only
will be sufficient for now).

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no (/)home the journey is endless

P.S.  Does any one of you know the answer on my other question I posted
before:
is there a gnome system wide definition file in /etc e.g.?  The location of
this file should not change, when gnome is stored in another location between
new builds e.g. I would like to use the global definition file for defining
my system wide wallpaper directory e.g., but later perhaps for sounds and
themes as well.