[Setup-tool-hackers] idea

    I was looking at a pretty bad ass icon of a monitor on a nautilus
screenshot and had a few ideas/comments.

A.) What if setup tools loads up to a window with a monitor icon, a video
card icon, network icon, user/person icon, etc.... that all looked spify.
Then from there, you could click on the icon to bring up the configure window
for that category. Maybe add tabed windows too so you can have more than one
open in the same window.

B.) Maybe you guys should talk with the nautilus guys and also have gconf
with ximian setup tools within nautilus. That way a user could access any
system changes within nautilus and since you guys are using bonobo, this
should be possible.

Anyway, that's my two cents from the peanut gallery. Personally I think some
other huge options/features would be

A.) A full video setup option that was modular in a way to allow generic
options like resolution, color depth, etc... and then capable of loading
video card specific parameters like maybe fsaa toggles, clock frequencies,
tv-out, tc.... I know nvidia will have tv-out support soon and their fsaa and
other features will move from env variables so things can be set system wide.
I'm more than sure they'd integrate their upcoming control panel into the
ximian setup tools.

B.) A mouse option for mapping buttons, etc...

C.) A sound card option that can probe your sound cards id tag, and make any
changes that are needed.

D.) driver download options for soundcards and video cards. It could probe
the id tag and then resort to a database for the most current/best driver,
download it, and install it according to a install module/script in that
database. This way no matter what card you have or if the drivers are
binary/open, people can set up their video cards and sound cards with ease.
Distros today support pretty much all video cards but perhaps don't support
the best driver due to any number of reasons. Therefore, this would be a cool
feature.

Any thoughts? Sorry for my rambling.