Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Required init.d files installation.

On 30.07.01 at 16:56, Chema Celorio <chema@ximian.com> wrote:

>For the redhat case (which is the only one i have researched) we should
>use the /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipchains, even on 2.4 kernels ipchains is still
>suported. We should be writing/reading /etc/sysconfig/ipchains.

Just as a data point, I'm fairly sure I've had a Red Hat-ian tell me Red
Hat 7.2 will move to iptables in the default setup. Iptables is also
installed on 7.1 and will be used if ipchains is disabled («chkconfig
ipchains off»). Supporting iptables would be good; supporting both would be
better...