Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Required init.d files installation.

On 30 Jul 2001 17:36:13 -0400, Arturo Espinosa Aldama wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Burra wrote:
>

> > Are setup-tools suppose to create new files and rc scripts or do they have
> > to use the ones provided by the distros?
> >
> > It would make my life much easier if I could create my own
> > /etc/rc.d/init.d/firewall script and supporting files :)
> >
> > Which is the proper way?

For the redhat case (which is the only one i have researched) we should
use
the /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipchains, even on 2.4 kernels ipchains is still
suported. We should be writing/reading /etc/sysconfig/ipchains.

I am unsure about other distros and about other cases. We should use the
distros script as much a possible, but that will not be possible for
everything.

regards,
Chema