Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Re: setup-tool-hackers digest, Vol 1 #50- 7 msgs

The problem with looking at a UI like that from windows, etc... is that you get closed
minded in your creativity. Anyway, let me try to outline a little bit better of a UI
for the default mode and for the advanced mode.

Default(not advanced)
------------------------------------
Services:            Eth0(internet):        Eth1(local lan):

pop                                    -                                    +
imap                                   -                                    +
smtp                                   +                                    +
http                                    +                                    +
ftp                                        +                                    +
telnet                                    -                                    +
ssh                                        +                                    +
talk                                        -                                    +
X11                                       -                                     +
etc....
port  967                            +                                       +
port ____
port ____
port ____
__________________________

__ Create Virtual Ips for Eth1(lan) (default 192.168.0.0)

(______________) custom

__ block all other ports and services not handled above

-------------------------------------

------------------------------------
Services:            Eth0(internet):        Eth1(local lan):

                                block:     forward:          block:
forward(ip)(port)
pop                                    -     _                               +    _
imap                                 -     _                               +    _
smtp                                 +     ->                            +
(192.168.0.4)(25)
http                                   +    _                               +    _
ftp                                      +    _                               +    _
telnet                                   -    _                              +    _
ssh                                       +    _                              +    _
talk                                      -    _                               +    _
X11                                     -     _                              +    _
etc....
port  967                            +    _                             +    _

__ Create Virtual Ips for Eth1(lan) (default 192.168.0.0)

__ block all other ports and services not handled above

__flood protection