Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] I thought I would check and see first...

On Tuesday 24 July 2001 21:41, you wrote:
> what about a firewall configurator? Is this in the works? It would be great
> to have a tool in xst that can configure iptable firewalls, and give the
> option for it to be activated on boot or not.  I'll do a little text
> example below. The idea is to show each ethernet device, supply check boxes
> to block or open that service/port to that device, to allow user input for
> specific ports, and to allow masquerading.

I've asked such a thing (offlist) as well.  In that case I refered to
http://www.adsl4linux.nl.  The name says it all.  The site is in Dutch, but
from the forum it appears that they need to take into account all kind of
different distributions...=> sounds really something for xst.

The scripts they use are located at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/adsl4linux/ADSL4Linux/ADSL4Linux/

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no home the journey is endless