Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Poster for XST.

On 26 Jan 2001 18:07:32 -0600, Chema Celorio wrote:
> We are printing a poster to be used in LWE. I didn't liked
> at all the text of the current design so we rewrote it.
> I still think the text sucks, but I am not that good with
> wording this out.
>
> I would very much apreciate your comments.
>
> Here is what we currently have. Please note
> that It's a poster so it can't have lots of content/details.

> [Huge Text]
> Ximian (tm) Setup Tools
>
> [large text]
> - Same tool, no matter which distribution you use

This, I think, is another way of saying "supports all (major) GNU/Linux
distributions". Is that what we want to appear as the first item?
Perhaps we could have something generic, like: "Configure your computer
through a simple graphical interface" or something to that effect. Then
the former item may be the second on the list.

> - Remembers system configuration for many locations

This is really vague and refers to two different features. I'd suggest
highlighting just the rollback, since it's closest to being really
usable. Something like "Restore your system's configuration if it
becomes screwed up"

> - Manage Clusters with one convenient gui

This is really vague (users will either not know what clusters refer to
or they will think it deals with high-end supercomputing stuff); I'd
leave it out.

> [Smaller text]
> Life is hard. Configuring your system shouldn't be.
> Ximian Setup Tools provide a consistent graphical interface
> for advanced system tasks. With XST, everyone from novice
> to network admins can configure with ease.

I like this, though the last sentence should read "With XST, everyone
from novice users to network administrators can configure their systems
with ease."