Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] SU mechanism
- From: jacob helixcode com (Jacob "Ulysses" Berkman)
- To: Hans Petter Jansson <hpj helixcode com>
- Cc: setup-tool-hackers helixcode com
- Subject: Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] SU mechanism
- Date: 08 Jan 2001 14:40:47 -0500
Hans Petter Jansson <email@example.com> writes:
> I think it's time to integrate the new become-rewt mechanism. Jacob, did you
> mention having made one? Would be nice to have in the src/common/ libs or
It's in the HEAD branch of the control-center in the root-manager/
subdirectory. It works, although it needs a couple of things:
1. Password dialog needs to be redone a bit
2. Remove debugging output
3. Some code I removed which checks for things in
/etc/security/console.apps, and requires some variable like
"SETUP_TOOL" to be set.
The $prefix/sbin/root-manager binary is not installed setuid yet, so
you need to do this manually.
Let me know if you have any questions.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only
proved it correct, not tried it." -- D. Knuth
] [Thread Prev