[Setup-tool-hackers] status report

Hi Hackers,

Okay, sorry this is a little late.

Last week generally sucked. It was hard for me
to get stuff done when there was no one else here.
Gloom.

Luckily, they beat enough work ethic into us at mit
that I accomplished a fair amount anyway:

1. Designed (and more or less finished) a version of
the time travel (rollback) tool, based on input
garnered in meetings with Chema, Arturo and Bradford.

2. Tried to design the location management tool. Man,
doing these things from scratch is a lot of work. The
majority of my time last week was devoted to rollback
and location management... and for every dialog that I am
now happy with, there are about 15 that I had to throw
away. So it goes with development, I guess.

3. Wrote a new metatheme; check out the metatheme's module from
gnome cvs and run the cranberries metatheme.. it should be
in the examples directory.

4. Began a metatheme improvement project to redesign the
metatheme editor and the Desktop Theme Selector. So far,
this involves running these programs a lot, trying to figure out
what they can do, what they should be able to do, etc. I expect
to come out with a new mockup of the Desktop Theme Selector
by the end of this week.

5. Tried to hire other designers. Read some resumes.
Interviewed a guy. General disappointment. What part of
"I need to see an online portfolio" do these people
not understand? Yeesh. Back when I started out doing design
at ATG, it was just expected that anyone serious about
design would go to the trouble of making a professional
portfolio. Criminy.

6. Had a lot of meetings.

Anna