disk admin.

Guys,

   I am not feeling too great about the disk-admin user interface.
The question we have to ask us is: what is the disks and partitions
tool going to be used for?

   My gut feeling is, in priority order:

	A new hard drive has been added to the disk and the user wants
	to make use of it.

	Reformat an existing partition, select the file system type.

	"Mount" a file system that has not been flagged for
	mounting and this should be done with a simple click.

	Repartition the hard drive.

	Add/remove a swap partition.

   That being said, I think that a table packed with information on
what is mounted, what is not, is not really relevant.  A lot of that
information probably belongs in a "Properties" dialog box.

   What would be a kick ass user interface that would achieve the
above listed goals?   I have seen nice tools for this on Windows NT
and MacOS.

Miguel.