Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] network.glade

> Tools such as dhcpcd and pppd are broken, because they overwrite the
> /etc/resolv.conf information with the new, dynamic content. This way, the
> user doesn't have fallback information for those situations where the
> dynamic protocols leave the computer with wrong settings. Maybe location
> mannagement will help deal with this situation.

Only dhcp and boopt incur in this behaviour (and we can control the
behaviour, although for practical matters, we should just assume they
will do so in practice).

Lets consider the following scenario:

	* Global resolver set to "1.1.1.1"

	* PPP: uses default.

	* Eth0: uses DHCP provided.

I feel that for HST 1.0 we should try just to work around the way the
system work, and if we need to keep an /etc/resolv.conf.global around
that might be ok (to keep 1.1.1.1 for the PPP connection), and use
whatever the system gives us for eth0.

At HST 2.0 we could work towards making a better and more integrated
networking architecture (maybe even replacing broken systems way of
doing networking).

Miguel.