Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Changelogs and Hello

On 18 Jan 2001 14:12:31 +0100, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:
> > Miguel asked me to send a message to the list letting everyone
> > know about a change in policy for Changelogs. He asked me
> > to add Changelogs to each tool so that we can start using them
> > as we are with the other projects. Please add a detailed changelog
> > entry with every commit. I also changed the "HACKING" file to reflect
> > this change.
>
> I still don't get the added value of ChangeLogs over detailed CVS logs. But ok.

Sigh.  So for one, ChangeLogs are in the gnome programming guides :)

ChangeLogs allow disconnected reading, which is helpful for many people
either on laptops or expensive european dial up accounts.

Also, the cvs log is very distributed, and ChangeLogs show which changes
happened together.

Anyway, just wanted to let youu know; please let this thread die now.

jacob
--
"The people who made the Macintosh produced a miracle, but that
 doesn't mean their code was wonderful." -- Bob Cringely