[Straw] Please help me to clarify the need of aggregator

Hi folks,

Just join this list.  I'm now searching the whole World to find an
answer to clarify my doubt.

I have a website running on my own server.  I'm trying to add news to
my site via existing RSS feed.  Whether I need to install an aggregator
such as "Straw"?  OR just sign a contract and download a RSS reader
which will parse and format the XML feed for me?  There are hundreds of
those RSS readers on Internet.  I can't sign contract with all of them.
 How to make my selection?

If I need an aggregator such as "Straw" do I need installing GNOME to
running it?  Do I still need to download a RSS reader.

Please advise.  TIA

B.R.
satimis