Re: Estimated sponsorship for GUADEC 2019?

On 2 August 2018 at 10:15, Ismael Olea <ismael olea org> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 10:54 AM, Ekaterina Gerasimova via
guadec-organization <guadec-organization gnome org> wrote:

Please give me your realistic best case, expected and worst case
numbers in the next couple of days. My request is now urgent because
the bid deadline is on the 6th of August.

AFAIK about 2017 and with 2018 in mind I dare to propose, in my opinion
conservative expectations, of 20K € worst case and a probably 24-25K €
optimal budget.

Sponsorship campaigns seems to me to get better each year so  I'll bet there
could be a profit margin for any potential emergency and, most probably, a
nice surplus.

I think the estimate needs to come from the sponsorship committee as
they are the people who have a feel for how our sponsors are doing and
the people who will be chasing down those sponsors.