Re: [Snowy] Unable to connect to my snowy server via Tomboy but OK from web

On 11-07-21 08:26 AM, Jeff Schroeder wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 4:39 AM, frank greenant net <snowy greenant net> wrote:
>> I have installed Snowy from the latest git files using the wsgi method on Debian Squeeze.
>> I believe I have all dependencies properly installed.
> ... snip ...
>> apache2 also returns a couple of errors but they look minor (and strange):
> ... snip ...
>> [error] python_init: Python version mismatch, expected '2.6.5+', found '2.6.6'.
>
> That last error in your apache log does not seem minor at all to me.
> In fact, it tells me that your python installation might be corrupted
> and/or apache is getting confused somehow.

FYI, I've encountered that same error recently with other Django projects (not Snowy, and not the same server as Snowy, but Django elsewhere). As far as I can tell, it happens when I've upgraded Python somehow via apt-get upgrade, yet Apache hasn't been restarted. A simple Apache restart has fixed that error for me multiple times. It's as if Debian's aptitude isn't aware that an Apache restart is required after a Python upgrade.

So, on Debian, '/etc/init.d/apache2 restart' has fixed that error for me -- related to running Django elsewhere, not Snowy specifically.

Hope that helps.

Blaise