Re: [Snowy] Lighttpd Wiki Page

One comment inline.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2010, at 6:41 PM, Matthew Gyurgyik <pyther pyther net> wrote:

> Thanks to Sandy and Jeff I was able to write a wiki page on using snowy with lighttpd + fastcgi.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/Snowy/Install/Lighttpd
>
> Essentially you create a fastcgi socket file using ./manage.py and then you configure fastcgi in lighttpd to connect to the socket file.
>
> Some bumps and abnormalities:
> *Add FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME = '' to local_settings.py. Otherwise, urls will be written as http://snowy.example.net/snowy.fcgi/blah instead of http://snowy.example.net/blah
> *An environmental variable is not set correctly (pwd?) resulting in ./data/note2xhtml.xsl being non-existent. Sandy and Jeff were able to help me track this down and the following patch resulted: http://armstrong-clan.net/dump/0001-Use-absolute-path-to-XSL.patch

Apache + mod_wsgi is primarily what snowy has been tested on. Apache makes the working directory the snowy PROJECT_ROOT. lighttpd + fastcgi puts the current working directory somewhere else so the relative path for the xsl file was invalid. The env var was actually a red heron that we figured out while troubleshooting.

I'm glad we got you all fixed up so quickly and thanks for writing up a wiki page.