Re: [Snowy] Last Modified in UTC

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Og Maciel <ogmaciel gnome org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Both my laptop and desktop are set to use UTC as their localtime.
> While testing localization support and synchronization, I noticed that
> the /notes/list/ view displays the notes as compared against the
> system's (snowy server) time. As a consequence, notes that were
> written at 02:00 UTC are displayed with a Last Modified value of
> "tomorrow" :) It's been a while since I last checked the source code,
> but is that field being saved using UTC? If not, maybe one should take
> the last modifed date from the client and convert it to UTC before
> saving/updating/etc.

Snowy stores all dates in UTC format.  When notes come in from Tomboy,
the timezone information provided in the timestamp is used to convert
to UTC.

Our server, also, is set to UTC.

The /notes/list view is not doing any timezone conversion, so your
notes should be shown in UTC.

If you tell me the id of the note in question, and don't mind me
looking at it on the server, I can try to figure out what's up.

Sandy