Re: [Snowy] First feedback

(CC'ing tomboy-online-list, as this discussion is pretty much perfect
for that list)

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Og Maciel <ogmaciel gnome org> wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> First off, thanks for the chance of participating! I started using the
> web service last week and will be adding more and more notes over the
> course of this week in order to spin the wheels a bit and hopefully
> provide good and useful feedback.

Awesome, thanks!

> The first thing I noticed was that, once you've logged in, imho it
> would make sense to take the user to his list
> (https://edge.tomboy-online.org/USER/notes/list/) by default. I don't
> think that having this url tied to the user's gravatar is something
> obvious to the end user and bring you to your list is the behavior I'd
> expect.

Yeah, that's a really good point.  Also, we could make the default
note type thing that appears a bit more clear about *how* to sync your
notes in.

Could you file a bug for this?

> Now, is the objective of the web service to provide close to the same
> features one gets from the desktop app? In other words, will you be
> implementing editing, deleting, tagging, etc from the web ui?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes! :-)

Based on user feedback, our initial focus in that arena will be on a
great mobile experience.  To that end, I'm working on an HTML5
offline-capable UI, Leon is working on a markdown editor for notes,
Jeff has written delete support, and Jeff #2 and Sander have been
mocking up UI ideas related to tagging.  Of course, this UI would work
in modern desktop browsers as well, but we will eventually want to
provide a better experience for big screens.

Rich text editing is an unknown right now...we may stick with markdown
for some time.

One of our major goals of the Snowy Hackfest is to nail down all of
this stuff, and hopefully deploy an early version to Tomboy Online in
November (but don't hold us to that fictitious deadline).

> Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Thank you dude, glad to have you on board.

Sandy