Re: [Snowy] Alpha Test

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:
> Hi Snowy Team!
> The Snowy Alpha test has been open to the first phase of alpha testers for
> two weeks.  Other than one question, the list has been fairly quiet.  I'm
> unsure if tis is because it's working as expected or we haven't pushed a lot
> of changes.
> Do we want to add another 10 people or to the alpha test or wait for a
> milestone?

10-20 more is fine.  I'll be doing a minor release tomorrow (following
GNOME release schedule), after which we'll upgrade the server to the
latest code.  I don't expect any issues, though I'll need to do a bit
of testing of one change that impacts sync-related timestamps.

I see lots of users who have done 0-2 syncs since the alpha began,
which makes me wonder if they're having issues and not reporting them,
or if they are just light Tomboy users.  Then again, I see some people
who are clearly syncing regularly.

Many of the people with active accounts are old-timers that don't
generally hesitate to report problems, so I think it's probably just a
combination of folks not writing a lot of notes, or being busy, or
hesitating to sync private/important notes at this stage, or something
like that.

Hopefully I'll have a development release of Tomboy that supports
syncing encrypted note content soon, and that might help.

Sandy