[Snowy] snowy tasks for Google Code-In

Hello everybody,

as you might now, Google is organizing the Code-In contest[0] this year
to get pre-university students involved in open source. GNOME is a
participating organization[1], so I think this would be a great
opportunity to get some new people involved in snowy.

I think snowy is a perfect match for the Code-In contest because the
codebase is relatively small and a small contribution can really make a
difference. I came up with some tasks that would fit the requirements
[2]:

- Make a better "no notes" page, maybe with a nice illustration and a
good welcome text. Good design skills and knowledge of HTML required.

- Redesign the login page. Jeff Fortin has already done some work on
this and we discussed what it should look like at the hackfest, so we
can provide mockups (and some HTML in Jeff's branch). HTML and
javascript skills as well as some python required.

- Link multiple OpenID's to one account. Maybe not so well suited
because it's more difficult, we'd have to make it clear that this
requires a bit more time to get to know the existing code. Knowledge of
python, django and git required.

These are just 3 that I could think of from the top of my head. I'm sure
we could come up with more tasks if needed.

If we want to do this, we need a mentor to do put the tasks into the
Google system, give the students help if they need it and review and
merge the results in the end. I would volunteer to do that, but only if
somebody else joins me as a co-mentor so I don't have to do it all
alone. Volunteers forward!

I'd love to hear what you think about the idea. Let's share the warm and
fuzzy feeling of contributing to GNOME with some new people!

Best Regards,

Leon

[0]: http://code.google.com/opensource/gci/2010-11
[1]: http://live.gnome.org/GoogleCodeIn